About Our Founder
Jackie Kemp was born and raised in Hartford, Connecticut. After 21 years of active service in the U.S. Army she retired with full honors. While an active service member and a parent of two, she was driven to become a strong youth advocate. As a result she spent her free time volunteering in the community. Her volunteer services with youth started in 1988 as President of the Childcare Association of Parents in Berlin, Germany. Her work and passion as a youth advocate won her the distinguished Volunteer of the Year Award for two consecutive years; that was the start of selfless service to her community. The communities she has served as a youth advocate includes Fort Eustis, VA; Mannheim, Germany; and Columbia, South Carolina prior to retiring to Columbus, OH where her volunteerism continued.
After retirement, Ms. Kemp attended The Ohio State University and received her Masters of Labor and Human Resource (MLHR) where she was awarded the prestigious Pace Setters Award. She is a founding member of the Fisher College of Business Graduate HR Association (GHRA). Ms. Kemp was also awarded an Outstanding Leadership Award. Her leadership and awards are indicative of her passion and hard-work.
Ms. Kemp has over 40 years of progressive experience in administration, human resources, consulting, training, workforce development, program/project management, and youth development. As a lifelong volunteer she is driven by passion, hard work and resilience to be a continuous advocate for this community – especially because she sees the youth as a reflection of herself.
Volunteer Community Engagement
Her major volunteer activities include:
- Central Ohio United Way’s Accountability Committee (2004-present)
- Central Ohio Workforce Council (2007 – 2016)
- Youth Advisory Committee (2006-2013)
- Premier Academy Board Member (Jan 2010-2011)
- The Ohio State Fisher College of Business Community Diversity Advisory Board (Board Member 2002-2009)
- Catholic Social Services (Board Member, 2003-2008) where she served as Co-chair of the Human Resources Committee
- I Know I Can College Access Advisor (2002-2008)
- United Way Leadership Diversity (2002)
- Ray Miller Leadership Institute (2008)